The National Football League has announced a 2014 NFL Kickoff event to be held Thursday, September 4 at CenturyLink Field’s North Lot in Seattle. Activities will begin around 2:30 p.m., prior to the Seahawks’ first game of the 2014-2015 regular season against the Green Bay Packers.
Seattle natives Soundgarden and singer/songwriter/producer Pharrell Williams will perform live. The event is free and open to the public rain or shine. Seahawks ticket holders are encouraged to arrive early and watch the concert from inside the stadium. For more information about this event, please check out Seahawks.com/Kickoff or follow @NFL345 on Twitter. Award-winning singer Ariana Grande will sing the National Anthem before the game.
The City of Seattle and the NFL have teamed up to release the following information to help make the event enjoyable, accessible, and safe for everyone:
- To ensure public safety and security, the following items are prohibited: weapons, alcohol, food, beverages, all glass containers, fireworks, all chairs, tents of any kind, barbecue grills of any kind, umbrellas, blankets of any kind, cameras with lens over 12”, obstructive signs, bags larger than 12”x6”x12” and animals other than service animals.
- All attendees are subject to search, and prohibited items may not be abandoned at security checkpoints. Please allow adequate time to pass through security checkpoints before activities begin.
- Guests can enter the concert site from 2nd Avenue and South King Street and may watch the performances from the North Lot.
- The entrances will open to the public beginning at 2:30 pm PT on Thursday, Sept. 4.
- Guests may view the concert from the general public viewing areas.
- Access to the general public viewing areas is first come, first served.
- Fans do not need tickets to attend the free concert.
Seahawks Ticket Holders:
- Seahawks ticket holders are encouraged to arrive early and watch the concert from inside the stadium, including: North Plaza, Touchdown City or on the in-stadium video boards.
- Stadium gates will open at 2:30 p.m. for Seahawks fans attending the game.
- Guests are encouraged to use public transportation and should arrive early to enjoy game day activities and avoid any traffic or parking delays.
- The disabled drop-off zone is located off the intersection of Railroad Way S. at Occidental Avenue (across from The Pro Shop at CenturyLink Field), from the North via 1st Ave. South.
- Drivers may drop off passengers next to the stadium prior to the concert.
- ADA Access to the concert site is located off of Occidental Avenue, at the SW corner of the North Lot.
- For the related road closure information, visit Seahawks.com/Kickoff
- Immediately following the concert, all attendees who do not have a ticket to the game will be directed to exit at 2nd Avenue and South King Street, the same location as entry.
- The Seahawks vs. Packers game will not be broadcast from the concert site at the conclusion of the event.
- Fans are encouraged to watch the game at local Seattle establishments.
Cell Phone Advisory
- During special events, cell phone networks can become overloaded making it difficult for someone to reach the 911 Dispatch Center during an emergency.
- Fans are encouraged to limit routine use of the cell system during the concert, and in particular the sending or receiving of videos.
- Should an emergency occur, fans are advised to use their phone to call 911, but use text messaging for routine communication.